Texas Autism Conference
The 29th Annual Texas Autism Conference will be virtual!
The Texas Autism Conference is an annual event sponsored by the Texas Education Agency and the Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism Training. The conference goal is to promote increased awareness and understanding of evidence-based practices, interventions, standards, and services in the area of Autism. It provides not only professional development, but also networking opportunities for families, students, educators, and professionals.
General registration to the conference includes all-access to presented sessions from June 24-26 and time-limited access to recorded sessions after the event. Early-bird pricing of $100 is available through May 15. Standard pricing is $125. Register today at http://bit.ly/TXAutismConf2021
Saturday, June 26 is Family Day! We invite parents and caretakers to join our conference on this date to view sessions focused on the home and community. This date includes our closing keynote. Better yet, presentations on this day will be presented at NO CHARGE! Register today for June 26 free access at http://bit.ly/TXAutismConf2021...
CALL FOR PROPOSALS (Closed)
Click HERE to submit proposal.
Click HERE to upload proposal video.
The Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism Training (TSLAT) and the Texas Education Agency (TEA) welcome the submission of proposals for engaging and innovative presentations for the 29th Annual Texas Autism Conference. Educators, families, individuals with autism, and other professionals come together at this conference to learn, connect, and apply new knowledge to better serve individuals with autism and their families.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 5, 2021 at 5:00 pm. Submissions will only be accepted through the Call for Proposals Google Form.
We want to move best practices forward; we want our participants to learn what is new and innovative; we want our participants to leave with a renewed vision and energy to continue Raising the Bar! The conference will explore evidence-based practices, technologies, and new approaches that will provide participants with practical information, tools, and strategies that can be implemented immediately.
Focused on autism, proposals are welcome within the following or related topical areas:
- Challenging Behavior
- Communication/Assistive Technology
- Evidence-Based Practices for Autism Education
- Literacy/Math/Other Academic Skills
- Parent Implemented Interventions/Family/Community Resources
- Peer-Based Instruction and Interventions/Friendships
- Social Skills
- Trauma-Informed Care/Mental Health/Self-care
Please note: Marketing and product pitches will not be considered.
Required Video Submission:
This year's conference will be virtual. As part of the submission requirements, we are asking you to submit a short video of you and any co-presenters. You may be asked to pre-record your session which will be due by the end of May. If your session is selected, you will receive detailed information by March 18th, 2021. For this proposal submission, here are some points to keep in mind:
- Record your video on a platform that is comfortable for you to use, your phone, your laptop, or your desktop. Your recording does not need to be highly produced.
- Video submissions must be a minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 3 minutes and must include all the session presenters.
- Introduce yourself and then tell us about your topic. We want to know why it is important.
- What will your participants learn during your session?
- What creative ways will you use to engage with your attendees in your session?
- Be creative and have fun. This video is a way to sell your presentation.
Upload your video to this location: http://bit.ly/21TXAUConfVideoSubmission.