31st Annual Texas Autism Conference, June 22-24, 2023
Register View Schedule View Speakers Hotel Information
The Texas Autism Conference is an annual event sponsored by the Texas Education Agency and the Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism Training. The conference's goal is to promote increased awareness and understanding of evidence-based practices, interventions, standards, and services in the area of autism. It provides professional development and networking opportunities for families, students, individuals with autism, educators, and professionals. This year's conference will be held in person in Austin and include a virtual option.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
SOLD OUT: In-Person | JUNE 22-23, 2023
Our In-Person event is now sold out, but we have plenty of room in our Virtual event!
Virtual | JUNE 22-23, 2023
Can't make it In-Person? Join us online through our conference app!
- Register for Workshop #SU2349250
- Registration Deadline: June 16, 2023, at 5:00 pm.
- Standard Registration | $125/registrant
- Group Registration Discount for five (5) or more registrants
Standard Registration: $105.00/registrant
Contact: Amanda Kluck (email@example.com) for the Group Rate Discount Code
Family Day | JUNE 24, 2023
Free content for families on Saturday, June 24th, 2023 on www.txautism.net/conference.
This year, our family day portion of the conference will be 10 pre-recorded sessions of content for parents and families! You can access this video gallery on our website on Saturday June 24th. Our FREE FAMILY DAY will be entirely online, no registration required! Note: CEUs will not be offered for any Family Day sessions.
Family Day Sessions:
- Learning through Play: How Parents Can Teach Social Skills, Communication, Coping Strategies, and More! | Presented by Rebecca Lopez
- My Journey With Asperger's from Nonverbal to Raising a Family | Presented by Daniel Durany
- Counseling Services for Students with Autism | Presented by Fabiana Bezerra
- Challenging Behavior and Autism: What we know, what we don’t know, and what caregivers should know | Presented by Hannah MacNaul
- ¿Quien conoce a mi hija/o?... Yo/ Who knows my child?...me | Presented by Sheryl Wilcox and Claudia Perez
- Autism Across the Lifespan | Presented by Panda Krouse and Anita Kliewer
- Raising the Bar on the Transition to Adulthood By Starting in Preschool | Presented by Mary Jane Williams
- Autism 101: Abridge | Presented by Haley Hooper and Caroline Turner
- Navigating Anxiety and Depression in Autistic Youth: Skills for Empowering Parents | Presented by David Riddle and Andrew Guzick
- Family & Community Resources: Building a Great Future | Presented by Deidra Milling, Marcel Milling and Richard Hurley
Embassy Suites Austin Central is offering a special group rate for participants of Texas Autism Conference. Options include suites with one king bed or two queen beds. Rooms at the special rate are limited.
Guests can also call Hilton Central Reservations at 1-800-HILTONS (445-8667). Guests can refer to the Group Code “E13” or the Group Name “TSLAT”.
The cutoff date to book the group rate will be Friday, May 26th and valid for the nights of 06/21-06/23.
Below is a list of other area hotels near the conference site (Education Service Center Region 13, 5701 Springdale Rd, Austin, TX 78723), but they do not offer a special state rate:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin
6505 N Interstate 35
Austin, TX 78752
- Hotel Near Dell Children's Medical Center - Residence Inn by Marriot
1209 E 51st St
Austin, TX 78723
- Origin Hotel Austin
1825 McBee Street
Austin, TX 78723
This conference is presented by the Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism Training (TSLAT) and the Texas Education Agency (TEA). TSLAT is housed at ESC Region 13. ESC Region 13 is sponsoring these continuing education (CE) hours and will maintain the required documentation.
Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA) Continuing Education Information
We have applied for TSHA CE hours for all conference sessions. Dr. Hanley's opening keynote and Dr. Hanley's presentation will not be recorded, so TSHA CE hours will only be available for those watching live In-Person or Virtual. TSHA CE hours will not be provided for Dr. Pratt's presentation. Some of our applications are still pending. Please check the schedule for CE availability.
Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) Continuing Education Information
BACB CEUs will be available for a limited amount of sessions. Sessions that are available for BACB CEUs are noted on the schedule, but a detailed list can be found here.
- Blaine Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessie Davis at email@example.com
- Amanda Kluck at firstname.lastname@example.org